Newly Split RBTA starting turf war...with itself?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ttraer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My RBTA split 10 days ago. It took only about 15 minutes, so fast it literally happened between glances at the tank. They went to opposite sides of the small cave they live in. The original nem spent the days with tentacles out in the open and the foot in the cave.

Now both halves are healed, have an oral disk and feed. However, the "daughter" anemone who walked off after the split came back today. It walked around one end of my 75 gallon and came back to the very same spot.

And they look as though they are two brothers fighting to call "Shotgun". They look as though they are literally trying to push the other out.

So....wait and see for a few days (how long?) or move one to the opposite end of the tank to find a new "sweet spot"?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418093644.499999.jpg

That's two completely separate animals in that opening.

They'll figure out what they want to do. I'd be more concerned about what stressed them out to split. This can be from parameter issues, light shock, or even shock from a water change or temp swing.
Also, this isn't a fast process. It was more likely happening before 10 days ago. Start thinking back the last 2-3 weeks of your tank's life and you'll figure out what happened hopefully.

I've read that it's either stress or good conditions that cause a split and no one knows. It was quite fast as I was working along side the tank at something.....it was literally minutes.

Water conditions are pristine as always, I'm always on top of that. Clowns are a bit confused. Anyhow, just wondering if I should leave them be, that's all. Thanks for the answer, I suspected that was the right approach.

Back
Top Bottom