Niger trigger food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moneymike1

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just recently got a Niger trigger today. Bought frozen food for him however it just gets all over the tank and he doesn't eat it all. Afraid this will cause really bad water conditions. Any other options for feeding him other than frozen. I'm willing to do live but how expensive is it?

You can always feed something like krill or silversides they're frozen but you can feed piece by piece because they're bigger

Lady at the store was feeding him live guppies. Is this healthy at all for him?

If they are fed well with healthy food it's not "bad" for him but a saltwater feeder would be better. Chromis, Molly's acclimated to salt ect.

My delexia kicked in and definitely miss read the subject of this thread :X

Possibly. But it'll be a little messy. If he was eating guppies I'd feed him silversides.

Ok thanks I have him in a tank with clowns. I just don't want him to be really aggressive towards them he is mellow though that's for sure.

Ok thank a lot man you have been a great help! How long have you worked at a fish store?

2 months now. But I've practically worked there sense I started the hobby 6 months ago. I'd spend like 2 hours a day there :p

That's crazy haha so you knew bout salt tanks before working there.

Yeah. I learned all the basics and the owner kinda took me under his wing and is teaching me more stuff. I think of him more of a friend than a boss haha

Oregon haha. The key to getting the job is to get to know everyone and be on their good side and talk to the other customers try answering some questions for them. Then start volunteering then ask if they need any help around the shop haha. I work just the weekends mainly cleaning tanks cleaning the shop moving stuff for them ect. But it still leaves time for a real job and it gives me enough money to support the hobby

Oregon haha. The key to getting the job is to get to know everyone and be on their good side and talk to the other customers try answering some questions for them. Then start volunteering then ask if they need any help around the shop haha. I work just the weekends mainly cleaning tanks cleaning the shop moving stuff for them ect. But it still leaves time for a real job and it gives me enough money to support the hobby

I'm in Oregon. Portland to be exact. How about you??

Back
Top Bottom