Night veiwing.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

d9hp

Aquarium Advice Addict
I dont know about you guys, but man I love picking up a flashlight, and just gasping into my tank. At night so many things happen. I never see any copepods in the day, lights go out and they have a party. I saw a small snail last night, and the list goes on and on. What I am wondering is....does all this occur under actinic aswell? I really enjoy looking into the tank, but have no where to stick another bulb, would a moonlight from CSL work ok for this

IME, the main activity that your seeing starts at full dark. The only things I've really noticed making an appearance when the halide shuts off and it's just the actinic are the stomatellas.

no, it needs to be dark. I have noticed if there is ambient light in the room, it is still too much light to see the night haunts.

i have a nightvision camcorder so it's pretty much easy for me.. what i want to see is a bubble anemonoe stick out it's tentacles... gotta get me one of those

Back
Top Bottom