Nikachus 37 Gallon Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would go with 3 they will grow to around 3 in just try to get healthy looking one's most are treated like feeder gold fish :(
Again you might want to rethink the starfish they starve in most tanks.

I would go with 3 they will grow to around 3 in just try to get healthy looking one's most are treated like feeder gold fish :(
Again you might want to rethink the starfish they starve in most tanks.

+1 on all of that. Chromis are misunderstood.

I will take out the starfish :( and yes today I'm kinda sad at the lfs i dont like a little boy bought this clownfish with ich and the lfs said that's healthy:(

So this is my stock any changes?

I just changed some parts of my setup

Clean up Crew
3 nassarius snails
5 turbo snails
5 margarita snails
10 hermit crabs
1 peppermint Shrimp
2 skunk cleaner shrimp
Actual display fish
1 yellow watchman goby/pistol shrimp
1 firefish
2 feather dusters
2 occelaris clowns
1 royal gramma
1 mccoskers wrasse
1 squamosa,maxima, or crocea clam
3 blue green chromis
What should I name the chromis :)

So this is my stock any changes?

Ed edd and eddy! Lol. Or Larry, Moe, and Curly.

Peppermint shrimp also do better in groups. If it were me, I would choose one type of shrimp. (Pistol shrimp and one type of shrimp.) Other than that, looks good. I would also only get one feather duster, but that's just an opinion thing. Lol.

Added two peppymo my shrimp

And named Hormuz Ed edd and eddy

Good call! I like peppermint shrimp a lot. That is one addition I'm planning on making to my tank. Hope to see pics! How are your parameters looking?

I haven't checked the parameters the kits are so costly:(

Understandable! I didn't have one for the first few months of my nano, so don't worry. Just be careful to keep up with your water changes. :)

So here's the tank

And filter

Attachments

• image-4269285518.jpg
    image-4269285518.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 89
  • image-3227266507.jpg
    image-3227266507.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 91
  • image-2812507245.jpg
    image-2812507245.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 71
Since I found these testing things for freshwater I used it on salt heres the bottles and then next ones at my parameters is it looking good so far do I add shrimp? If I have to can i use raw clam?

Attachments

• image-3690553722.jpg
    image-3690553722.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 88
  • image-2938839625.jpg
    image-2938839625.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 65
  • image-1576434927.jpg
    image-1576434927.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 68
  • image-1488472061.jpg
    image-1488472061.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 82
When I stock the fish what should I put first?

I was thinking ywg and pistol shrimp pair with the 10 hermit crabs and the snails. Could I add the peppermint or scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp or would that mess up the biological bacteria

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks like your tank hasnt cycled yet. You shouldn't add anything live till the tank is cycled. If you can't test your water, you should wait 3-4 weeks or even more ill adding anything! That's my opinion

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks like your tank hasnt cycled yet. You shouldn't add anything live till the tank is cycled. If you can't test your water, you should wait 3-4 weeks or even more ill adding anything! That's my opinion

I agree. The lighting in the picture isn't real good. You're tank looks like it is still cycling though. You need to get readings of 0 ammonia and 0 nitrite. Once those both reach zero do a 50-60% pwc and then you can add the fish. The ywg and pistol shrimp should be fine to add first once the tank is cycled. I'd add maybe only 5 hermits to start with. They feed on algae and pick at the rocks so you want to make sure there is enough for them to eat. Since the tank is brand new there may not be a plentiful food source to support 10 hermits all at once. Also make sure that you have some empty shells for the hermits to grow into. :). Just remember, the more patient you can be with adding the things the better off your tank will be. Saltwater livestock can be spendy. Go slow and you will greatly reduce your chance of losing stock. I'd wait a week and then test the water again.

I believe you can order the colour cards for saltwater with that API test kit. Different colours for freshwater. FYI your ph should be around 8.0 - 8.2 for salt :)

Dont add anything untill you can test Your gonna have a lot of die off and if you think those test kits are costly just wait until your replacing live stock. Agreed with the above statements it looks like your not cycled yet

Back
Top Bottom