Nitrate!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miss cruz

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ive just tested everything an its all perfect exept my nitrate is 15ppm everything in tank seems fine my shrimp turbos hermits an fish but its really stressed me will it be ok ??? I wont feed them tmro wil it go down dont understand why its gone up i dont over feed an only did a water change on sat :(

Nitrate is the one mean the kit im useing is colombo aqua test im getting a better kit on sat when im payed its ok but i need a better one i thought it had to be on ten ppm so thats de stressed me abit long as my shrimps an that are ok just hate anything going wrong ahhh :)

15 is perfectly fine the only reason you would want it lower is if you were keeping corals.Don't stress there are alot of people with their nitrates much higher and the fish are fine. Feed every other day that will help.

The nitrates wont go down until you do a water change, just skipping a day feeding wont do it. :)

15 isnt horrible, I have never had a fish die from nitrates so you should be fine. Some critters like sea slugs are very sensitive to nitrates but other than that most guys can get by with a higher than normal reading.

Aw thanks guys :) i always freak out you get well attached to them though i was going to go get water i get it from the fish place ready mixed so il go tmro after work an do a water change have a turbo snail will he be ok ? Its usually spot on not sure whats caused it to go higher havent fed the today anyway :)

Aw thanks guys :) i always freak out you get well attached to them though i was going to go get water i get it from the fish place ready mixed so il go tmro after work an do a water change have a turbo snail will he be ok ? Its usually spot on not sure whats caused it to go higher havent fed the today anyway :)

It's just from decaying crud in the tank that caused it to rise. The turbo snail will be perfectly fine. I had 2 in my tank when my nitrates spiked to about 50 and everything in my tank was perfectly fine; not that I would want to keep it that high.

Back
Top Bottom