Nitrate Qestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superdave07

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 20gallon SW tank that is about 2 months old and is fully cycled, I have the two chromis and two clowns and a CUC, one condy anemone. I do a water change ones a week about 25%. I have one AC 50 filter, two Koralia Evaluation 750. My trates have never been lower then 10, how can I get it lower like 0??
20lb of LR
20lb of LS
am-0
trite-0
trate-15
temp-78
SG 1.024
ppt 32

do a 50% pwc then another 50% the next day...should knock it down pretty close to zero.. if you dont wanna try that, perhaps rinsing off your filter pad in outgoing tank water...

superdave07 said:
I have a 20gallon SW tank that is about 2 months old and is fully cycled, I have the two chromis and two clowns and a CUC, one condy anemone. I do a water change ones a week about 25%. I have one AC 50 filter, two Koralia Evaluation 750. My trates have never been lower then 10, how can I get it lower like 0??
20lb of LR
20lb of LS
am-0
trite-0
trate-15
temp-78
SG 1.024
ppt 32

You could also purchase a hob fuge place cheto or mangroves in it.. or go cheap and purchace a hob filter and do a make shift one I've seen them before looks like they would do a good job...

I'd also watch out for that anemone OP. I had one in my 29g andit literally took over half the tank. lol And my clowns never hosted it, but well, I didnt expect them too as most don't host condys. They are also known to from time to time to eat fish.

just an fyi for ya.

Good luck! :-D

jsmith said:
You could also purchase a hob fuge place cheto or mangroves in it.. or go cheap and purchace a hob filter and do a make shift one I've seen them before looks like they would do a good job...

What do you mean do a make shift to a Hob?

carey said:
I'd also watch out for that anemone OP. I had one in my 29g andit literally took over half the tank. lol And my clowns never hosted it, but well, I didnt expect them too as most don't host condys. They are also known to from time to time to eat fish.

just an fyi for ya.

Good luck! :-D

It happen already to one of my clowns so I replace it with a tomato clown

It happen already to one of my clowns so I replace it with a tomato clown

You still have the anemone? I would have yanked him outta there so quick. I kept mine for maybe 2 months before I couldnt take it anymore and returned him. Yours may just do the same thing again. And fish are alot more money than a condy is. LOL

superdave07 said:
What do you mean do a make shift to a Hob?

Sorry forget that some are new.. google diy hang on back refugium.. sorry miss spellings.

Take the filters out but turn the basket upside down.. you will have to add a light but other then that u should be fine..

Back
Top Bottom