Nitrate removal recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The bubbles don't look that bad. Considering you just did a 300g wc over the last several days they may just need some time to adjust.

You could try moving them a bit higher in the tank as well. I do not have the lighting you do, but mine is in the upper 1/2 of the tank and doing great. It occassionally closes up a bit, but then opens up again.

Good luck,

Alk of 3 was with a seachem test. I retested with a salifert and got a reading of 3.66 mg/l. Ca is at 425ppm (salifert)
Afilter: they look really bad compared to how they used to look. They looked this way before the WC's

Brian ,what is the current like around your bubble coral. They need good current but not too severe to beat them to death. Also where is the placement of this coral

We picked up a hammer about a month ago. I first had it in my main. I lost a head or two. We moved it to the stock tank. Lost another head. Moved it up to my 65 and it is really beginning to rebound. In each tank I moved it around 2 or 3 times trying to find lighting/flow that kept them happy. No idea what the final clincher was for them, but they're much happier now.

Your Ca & Alk both look pretty good. That being the case your Mag is probably fine too. Recent water changes would give you the trace elements you'd want. Try running some carbon? Change location? Change Flow, lighting (more? less?). How long have you had them?

Back
Top Bottom