NITRITE holding at 0.50 & NITRATE is up to 20ppm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SKEET

Aquarium Advice Regular
The nitrite readings have been falling for a couple of days and its been 2 days since last water change and it still only tests at 0.50 with Nitrate up to 20ppm.

Does this mean its almost done ?? Should I be seeing that light at the end of the tunnel ?

I would say you are there or pulling into the station.
Test your tap water for nitrites. Also if you are feeding, OVERfeeding can raise nitrites.
Im my fry tank, it always shows .25 am and nitrite because i always over feed the fry several times a day. This is just my opinion.

With my first (and only) fishy cycle I stalled right about there....either .5 or .25 nitrite for a few days.I did a large water change,about 60% I guess,and never saw them again.

I have read where others have hit this wall (not everyone) and the water change did it for them too....at least a few that I can remember.

Even it doesn't it help,it won't hurt anything so give it a shot imo.

But yes to answer the question....the train is approaching the station either way...almost there!!

Allrighty then,, Thanks for those tips about the large water change. Almost done.

Back
Top Bottom