Nitrites & Filter Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cooling1981

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all!

My tank is in it's 5th week and after a week an a half my nitrite levels are still very high (I'm assuming the are at the 5.0 level based of the color chart) I did a 50% water change and the levels are still reading the highest level on the color chart.

My tank doesn't have live rock and I'm curious if I should be adding that to help with bio-filtration.

I also am curious about my filtration in my tank, I'm not sure if I have the best and I'm wondering if I just am not getting the bio-filtration that I need. The gal at the petstore told me to get the magnum penguin 250 (hang on tank) filter and add a powerhead. My tank is crystal clear, just curious if that is correct, I'm finding I didn't get the best advice when I set the tank up and I'm doing more and more research. My tank is 30 gallons, it has several pieces of dried coral and sand.

Thanks!

Thanks Caleb! I'm definitely learning patience with this hobby! I appreciate the feedback, I'll relax a little and let it do its thing!

So what did you do for decor in the display? rock has many benefits for saltwater

If you started from scratch it's a 6wk process. Save your $ on water you need to wait for nitrates to do a WC.

Back
Top Bottom