Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #31
Fish R friends, not food!

Add the ammonia in very tiny amounts! I used one cap full on my 75 gallon with 40 gallon sump and it brought it to 4ppm.

spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict
I agree with spoonman. I used one capful on my 45 and it brought it up to like 10 ppm. Try just a drop or two and then test the ammonia level. Keep adding until it is up to 4 ppm.

Since my tank is a birthday present to my wife, everything I spend going forward is just an extension of my love for her right?
rdnelson99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:06 AM   #33
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion
Im currently dosing ammonia to cycle my 55. I added a cap full yesterday even though i dosed the day before, believing i would be further along in the cycle than i am. I tested hours later and my ammonia test came back bright blue. This was surprising...since there is no blue on the scale for ammonia. Just make sure you test before dosing again or youll have an ammonia tank like i do.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok. Thanks. I started with 1 ml on my 10 gallon QT and that brought me up to 4ppm. I will try my DT next.

ShaunV is offline   Reply With Quote

cycle, nitrogen cycle

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com