no cycle.?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bckane

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok Ive have my #40 live rock in for about 4 days now from (liverocks.com)w/ 60 lbs CaribSea Aragamax. Ive been doing a water test everyday. Nothing has changed......My Ammonia is still reading 0ppm..........should I put a dead shrimp in to start the cycle.? or wait a few more days.

are you checking for nitrite?

If you have not seen ammonia or nitrite then its very possible you have very little dieoff from your tank and you wont see a cycle.

You should eventually see at least a nitrate reading. I agree, waiting at this popint is your best interest. Nitrates are consumed by anaerobic/anoxic types of bacteria that in a new set up will not have had time to form. Having zero readings would suggest either there is no ammonia source or the bacteria is not in abundance yet.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks guys.......The rocks are nice to watch, Im finding more new critters each day..
Found another BAD crab, my crab trap isnt working, been 4 days

Hey
Your LR did very well in shipping I see! :) I would not add a dead shrimp, the LR should be fine.

Personal preference really.

Some people dont like crabs at all. Not even hermits. Others have a ton of them i their tanks and dont see an isse.

Back
Top Bottom