Noise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sjs1949

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi

I have had two submersible pumps for s while and decided to add a "wave creator" to improve the current. The current IS improved but now each time a pump has it's turn there is a rattling noise for a few seconds from that pump. Making me crazy!

Suggestions?

Thanks

sjs1949 said:
Hi

I have had two submersible pumps for s while and decided to add a "wave creator" to improve the current. The current IS improved but now each time a pump has it's turn there is a rattling noise for a few seconds from that pump. Making me crazy!

Suggestions?

Thanks

Turn your wave machine off for a day. If the noise goes away, you'll know why.

Hi

Suggestions?

Thanks
what "wave creator" is this exactly?

pumps are hydor pico 180 and a JBJ wavemaker duo.

The start up and stop is hard on the pumps. I have one hooked up to some hrdro korialias and have noticed they aren't as smooth and quiet as the same pump not hooked up to a wavemaker.

shaftless? how do they work without a shaft? (not disagreeing, just curious)
koralia pumps aren't meant for wavemakers. even the new ones that are wavemaker friendly, are only meant for the proprietary koralia wavemaker and will not work on others as far as i've heard.
koralias generally rattle on start up. try a pair of maxijet pumps. i think it will be a lot quieter with them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom