Noob here with questions to ask

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NickNasty

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am interested in getting started a saltwater reef tank. I had a chiclid tank years ago so I am somewhat familiar with maintaining an aquarium, though I know a saltwater tank is a whole different beast. Let me also preface this by saying I am in marine science as my career, so I understand things such as water quality, nitrogen cycles, etc. I don't want to start out spending a lot of money, and sometimes I am forced to be gone from my house for 3 or 4 days at a time. I am interested in a kit I think, as this looks to be the cheapest venue as of now. Here is one I have been eyeing.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=13976&N=2004+62760

Let me know what you think about this specific tank. I want to buy the upgraded tank with metal halide lights. Any other advice you can give for a noob getting started and having something nice without spending a whole lot of money would be appreciated.

Kind of small but it looks OK. You might want to post questions on nano forum. You`ll be limited on what you can put in your tank.

Back
Top Bottom