Noob.. Lighting monthly cost

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
got with the t5ho you get alot more for your $$ even in the long run IMO. its going to cost ALOT to get a good LED system that will be as good as a t5ho, I feel that LEDS just arnt were they need to be yet but im sure they will be soon but just not yet. I got a 24inch double bright today in the mail that I ordered awhile back they look stunning and I love the look of the water more then I do t5hos however the PAR comparison isnt even close to the same. I run 2x t5ho a 3x54watt 48inch and a 4x24wat 24inch and my bill didnt raise more then a 1 or 2$ and I run alot of stuff on my High tech planted tank.

sorry meant to say hexagon in shape.

I would just retro fit the canopy if you have one with t5ho bulbs, that way you can use (IDK you dimensions so this is just an example) 2x 36 inch bulbs in the middle 2x 30inch bulbs one of each side of the 2x36" bulbs then on the ends 2x24" bulbs. Toss some reflectors on it and you will be able to get the light to the bottom of the tank.

I saw the "sol illumintations led" and those look so cool, but like you said there are propberly not up to speed for getting light down to the bottom of the tank,
i will look into the t5's.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom