ok nice board!!
I had some fresh water tanks year back when i was middle/high school. i was even able to breed bettas on my own.
my mom liek my tank so much we got a family 36 gallon one and had that for a while
so i do have some experience.....
Now i have alway wanted to get salt water, the baeuty of the fish and coral and planets and things
1. I have been told by a few people that once a salt tank is up running and esablished they are easier to take care of
The one thing i hated in the fresh water was having to use that siphon vaccum thing to clean the rocks HUGE PAIN hated it
2. are coral and reef the same thing or different types of tanks? internet seems to use these terms loosely
3. I have read that Larger tanks are better to start with for salt, i know myself that if i got a small tank i would want a larger tank soon, i was thinking somewhere in the 50-75 range, good?
4. i seen the 50GAL system II tanks that petco and others have seem to be a good start and the pump and everything is integrated, and not in the tank, but sometimes that bad.
5. I would like, as much as possible, heater, filters, skimmers, not to be in the tank, in my fresh water tanks i hated that a lot.
6 i realize this it going to be expensive and plan to plan and save until july then buy i plan on about 1500 for set up and I was told by the local fish store you can only add i fish per week so i'll get those as i have money
7. Are there things ,plants/fish, i can get to limit maintenance?
thank for your time