Noob Wants a Shark Tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome way to crush my dreams guys.. Lol jk but I know they say expert only, but is it really an expert only fish? Or is that just a deterrent?

I have a 2.5 yr old banded bamboo shark, he is almost 2' long now, they grow really fast, literally can't believe how big he has gotten, pretty cool fish.

you would need a huge tank to house one. Mine is 800 gallons, and good filtration, I run a skimmer rated up to 5000 gallon tank, an algae scrubber, a fuge , and have close to 800lbs of live rock.

a shallow tank with a big footprint would work too, they mainly sit on the bottom most of the time. Mine goes crazy at feeding time, sucks up peices of squid like a vacuum.

if you really want a shark tank it's doable but pricey and you need a lot of space

I have a 2.5 yr old banded bamboo shark, he is almost 2' long now, they grow really fast, literally can't believe how big he has gotten, pretty cool fish.

you would need a huge tank to house one. Mine is 800 gallons, and good filtration, I run a skimmer rated up to 5000 gallon tank, an algae scrubber, a fuge , and have close to 800lbs of live rock.

a shallow tank with a big footprint would work too, they mainly sit on the bottom most of the time. Mine goes crazy at feeding time, sucks up peices of squid like a vacuum.

if you really want a shark tank it's doable but pricey and you need a lot of space

ive been shopping around for a relatively simple tank design, about 8ft long, 3ft tall, and 3ft deep, i think it would be a perfect tank for one for the most part plus i could house all the tangs and angels one could only dream of, it would be roughly a 550g tank, ugh i would die if i could afford one.

Back
Top Bottom