Normal pH fluctuation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got a pH monitor to make sure that dripping kalk does not raise my pH to an unsafe level. I know pH fluctuates at night time but what is a safe fluctuation from night to day? For example is a pH of 7.9 at night and 8.3 during the day a safe swing?

The pH in my tank the last time I checked is usually around 7.9/8.0 in the morning and around 8.2/8.3 at the end of the light cycle.

Does anyone even check pH on a regular basis? I checked mine for a few weeks after setting up the tank and after seeing it perfectly stable for quite a while I just stopped testing. It doesn't seem to have bitten me in the butt yet. What about you guys?

Well I've been dripping Kalk at night and would like to drip it during the day as well however I want to make sure it doesn't push my pH too high.

At what pH do I want to stop dripping Kalk if it raises the pH in my tank? For example right now it's dripping and my pH is at 8.37, if Kalk is dripped too fast I would imagine it can raise pH to an unsafe level which would be...?

Back
Top Bottom