Not sure about parameters need some help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bsnow0410

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so I started my cycle 4 days ago. I put two raw shrimp in for a day then got home realized how bad it smelled and couldn't do it so took them out cut one into an inch square cube and put it in my sump for acouple hours and shredded up some other from the other shrimp and just threw little pieces throughout the tank. We'll I also didn't think it was gunna be enough went out bought 15 pounds of live rock from my LFS and bio spira and dumped that in there. Now I'm not quite too sure why all of my parameters are up at once. I thought ammonia was suppose to go up then nitrites then nitrates not all at once please help.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394071750.679333.jpg

You have live rock so it's processing the ammonia pretty quick which is why they are all high. Juts let it ride and see where you are in a few days. Test daily though so you can watch it. :)

You have live rock so it's processing the ammonia pretty quick which is why they are all high. Juts let it ride and see where you are in a few days. Test daily though so you can watch it. :)

Thanks so much:) I've been tested everyday and it's been about the same. But nitrates are higher then yesterday quite a bit and the other two about the same

Hey so I had a question. When my ammonia goes all the way down should I throw some more shrimp in there so feed the ammonia?

Back
Top Bottom