Now for a QT..what do I need?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Ok, almost all of my new equipment for my new 29 gal. has been ordered and on the way. I took many of your suggestions such as ordering a refractometer instead of a hydrometer and buying the best skimmer I can.

Now for the QT. I have an empty 15 lying around. What equip. do I need to setup this QT. I was thinking maybe a PH and a bio wheel filter? But how do I keep my qt. cycled and will a tit. heater, bio wheel, and PH be good enough?? (I will only have small fish so 15 QT. should be ok?)

In my F/W Qt. I just put a piece of filter media in the QT. filter and run so I am confused how to get my S/W Qt. running without cycling every time.

Thanks for all your help.

its pretty basic, just a piece of pvc for the fish to hide in, bare bottom, and a power filter. to keep the cycle, i believe you just throw a tiny bit of flake food in there once in awhile. someone correct me if im wrong...

its pretty basic, just a piece of pvc for the fish to hide in, bare bottom, and a power filter. to keep the cycle, i believe you just throw a tiny bit of flake food in there once in awhile. someone correct me if im wrong...

Sounds good to me....Maybe add a heater.

you can even make a very simple, very effective filter with a power head, a small tupperware containter and some bio balls, or other biological media.

Thanks. This is what I had in mind, but I always like to run it by.

Mikebaker said:
you can even make a very simple, very effective filter with a power head, a small tupperware containter and some bio balls, or other biological media.

Sounds interesting. How exactly would you do this?

Back
Top Bottom