Nu Nu and Gboy's 66 gallon Red Sea Max build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If after 24 hrs ammo was 1.5, dose back to 4 ppm and check again in 24 hrs. That's how it goes in fw, but I'm 95% sure it's the same for sw :D

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Alright thanks man! Haha ya i bet its the same :D at this rate when will it be cycled?

How long you been cycling? What are the trates?

Well i know how to cycle a tank the traditional way, but this time we added bb from our 30 gallon reef and we have never dont this before.. We added the bb on friday night o last week. I dont know what the trates are...

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Well i know how to cycle a tank the traditional way, but this time we added bb from our 30 gallon reef and we have never dont this before.. We added the bb on friday night o last week. I dont know what the trates are...

You could just have a mini and be done... Let it ride, don't add anything. That's how I did my 60g, but with LR from 150g.

Any nitrites yet? With the ammo converting so fast, I'd think there should be some nitrites. Or do they not even apply in sw lol? If you got some nitrites, I'd think you'd be cycled pretty soon.

George9 said:
Any nitrites yet? With the ammo converting so fast, I'd think there should be some nitrites. Or do they not even apply in sw lol? If you got some nitrites, I'd think you'd be cycled pretty soon.

Should go to trates, then trites. But if trites are high, do a pwc, about 30%, check tomorrow.

Should go to trates, then trites. But if trites are high, do a pwc, about 30%, check tomorrow.
You sure? The nitrogen cycle is Ammonia->Nitrite->Nitrate

I guess with the all seeded media you might just skip over the nitrites and start getting nitrates.

Dose it back to 4ppm. You are simulating a bioload, so keep the ammonia coming. When you are cycled, the nitrItes and ammonia will go to 0ppm in 24 hours and trAtes will be sky high. Then do a big water change and get the trAtes down and add livestock! Do not do water changes during the cycle! Oh, and leave the lights off during the cycle.

Thanks guys we will dose the ammonia again tonight! I appreciate the help! :)

Any thoughts on the bartlett anthias?

Stick with your stock list for now. See how ur system holds up. Maybe to much with what you plan to have.

Alright i will stock it and then see how i feel :) just as long as my levels are good and the tank isnt cramped. (i doubt it will be)

Nu-Nu the eel said:
HEY GUYS!! We are going to get a black clown, maybe today! :) hope he and my occ get along ;)

I thought you're still cycling? Oh wait, its going in the 29 I guess lol. I thought that was ripped down already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom