Nu Nu and Gboy's 66 gallon Red Sea Max build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jealous of your hammer skillz... I managed to murder 2 of them in my tank and have come to the conclusion that the tank isn't meant for them. Yours looks great! Love the clowns too.

Haha thanks! Thats funny you say that about the hammer, we had ours freak out last month and come super close to dying. Its still alive and getting better, but still looks ugly. Thats ehy we got this one! Haha

needmorecowbell said:
That clown looks amazing, im very tempted lol.

Wow i really want a ricordea now!! You just reminded me.

Thanks! I really like him so far. He is a big boy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gboy66 said:
Wow i really want a ricordea now!! You just reminded me.

Thanks! I really like him so far. He is a big boy!

Wanna be a shipping guinea pig on a ricordea?

If you pay shipping costs I'd throw in the ricordeas for free. I'd send you two or three for the hassle if ya want. I just need to find out the costs associated with shipping them.

Jlsardina said:
If you pay shipping costs I'd throw in the ricordeas for free. I'd send you two or three for the hassle if ya want. I just need to find out the costs associated with shipping them.

Sounds great! Heck, while were paying shipping could we buy somthing else as well? We are in a dire need of a shroom garden:p

We would love to buy some!

We are far away, (california) so if they live then that would be a good experiment for you. We could post pics and stuff when we get them so you know how they did!

Hey guys i saw the coolest bicolor angel at the lfs today and it was for a good price, 24$. We added a clown on wednesday, is it too soon to add another? Haha it probably wont happen, im just curious. Fyi our tank has been set up for about 4 months and we have 3 fish so the tank is established..

I think we could have a debate about a reef tank being established in 4 months ;)...

But, probably would depend more on the current bioload and how your nitrates are doing. Most likely you could get away with it.

Haha 4 months is a pretty long time to only have 3 fish IMO.

Anyways! Here are the results of the cycle in the 66 gallon. It is going too slow...

Attachments

• image-2006249387.jpg
    image-2006249387.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 77
Cycles always seem to go slow because you can't stop watching it. If it makes you feel any better I overdosed the crap out of my 55 and almost added a month to the cycle time! Ask anyone I try to cook for, I can't measure to save my life.

Lol thats pretty funny, still stinks! I thought this thing would end in a week, turns out it is nowhere close. The dang tank looks so empty...

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Lol thats pretty funny, still stinks! I thought this thing would end in a week, turns out it is nowhere close. The dang tank looks so empty...

Lol. Some have had a week- some a week or three. Still better than the ways it used to be of months at a time!!

Jlsardina said:
Lol. Some have had a week- some a week or three. Still better than the ways it used to be of months at a time!!

Haha, well it seems to be around halfway over. I thinknive got the dosing down, so the transfer should be next weekend..:ermm:

Im going to test today and redose then! If the trItes are lower and the trAtes are higher, i will be very happy!!

No chance at all in transfering this thing during the week, crazy busy with school:'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom