Nu Nu and Gboy's 66 gallon Red Sea Max build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope our corals dont die! We tried to shake all of the sand off them, will that be enough??

And ya that clown is a beast! Haha

Yep, just shake off the sand and it should be ok. I find at least one coral a day covered in sand from my evil goby. lol

I've lost a few corals though this way so you have to be vigilant and make sure you dont leave one under sand by accident, i missed some of mine being covered and thats a sure recipe for death. :-(

I woke up today to corals covered in sand and I dont even have a goby! I think I had a couple brownouts and one of my PHs revered direction. I'm sure things will turn out, those are pretty hardy coral.

Ehh I hate when my koralias do that. It is useful for cleaning them though.

That' stinks! I woke up today and saw a bunch of micro bubbles in my tank, the return pump was running a little low. I really need an ato.

Hows the corals doing now?

Ha, were at church (prayed for my tank lol jk) so i havent seen the tank yet. Last time i checked, the duncan and torch and hammer were at least partly open

Oh that's good. I'm sure it will all heal up eventually. I would use some epoxy next time you attach everything, it helps a lot.

needmorecowbell said:
Oh that's good. I'm sure it will all heal up eventually. I would use some epoxy next time you attach everything, it helps a lot.

Those corals were all on the sandbed though;) lol.

Gboy66 said:
I really dont know what to do about the cycle guys..ideas on a plan?

Let it go... If you seeded it, it'll be fine. Just check ur levels.

Gboy66 said:
I really dont know what to do about the cycle guys..ideas on a plan?

I'd say just let it run its natural cycle that's about it or just add a raw piece of shrimp

Guys our new black clown doesnt eat much! He has only eaten a little but since wednesday and it has been just a few brine shrimp... :( we will try mysis later this week if he continues to fast

Little update.

That dang shrimp just wont quit!! Came home to more burried corals! Theur heads were out of the sand, but alot of them are buried. Oh well. They are fine so thats what matters.

On a better note the frogspawn is definitly splitting again!! Remember when we were having trouble with it awhile ago? Well it has recovered and when it splits will have like 4-5 heads. Cool!

And the older hammer is much better. It isnt as big as it used to be, but it is fully extended!

Sniperhank said:
Where those pics? This is another one of those tanks I like to keep tabs on. Glad all is well.

Hah thanks man! Everything is doing pretty well. It is definitly exciting

Check page 8, i added some last week but i bet alot of people missed them because weve been posting alot lately with the new addition and all

I'm taking the discussion of your duncan over to your thread so we aren't ninjas. Straight up, even though branching duncans are branching, they do eventually stop branching and become a straight ball of heads. More you feed the faster they grow, though you don't need to feed them. I have not owned a bushy duncan, so I truely don't know the full answer to this.

Sniperhank said:
I'm taking the discussion of your duncan over to your thread so we aren't ninjas. Straight up, even though branching duncans are branching, they do eventually stop branching and become a straight ball of heads. More you feed the faster they grow, though you don't need to feed them. I have not owned a bushy duncan, so I truely don't know the full answer to this.

Good idea

Thats weird, so it just will stop eventually? What do you feed to help growth?

I feed everything I own mysis. I thaw out a cube and feed the fish alittle bit. While they are distracted I feed each individual head. I also started messing with different liquid food, like marine snow and fuel. I had been feeding marine snow, but just dumping it into the water. That does nothing. So I load a turkey baster up with it after lights out and blast them.

Wanna see pics of our crazy pistol shrimps caves? Its pretty epic

Attachments

• image-2207624039.jpg
    image-2207624039.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 116
  • image-2412913463.jpg
    image-2412913463.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 115
  • image-3337180052.jpg
    image-3337180052.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 83
Status