Nu Nu and Gboy's 66 gallon Red Sea Max build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya I gotcha lol. Luckily I haven't had that happen to me yet. Why not make this tank fowlr? Then you could add an anemone safely :D

needmorecowbell said:
Ya I gotcha lol. Luckily I haven't had that happen to me yet. Why not make this tank fowlr? Then you could add an anemone safely :D

We might add an anenome anyways! Mattias told me that if you make an anenome rock, basically a big island, the anenome wont move much? I dunno..it would be cool but im not sure if it works!

Fowler tanks are quite ugly IMO. Haha we might add a nem in a few months, it will probably be a small bubble tip nem :)

Dont get me wrong, i like corals. Its just we have had good luck with saltwater fish (knock on wood) and not so much with coral.. We will get around to it :)

Gboy66 said:
We might add an anenome anyways! Mattias told me that if you make an anenome rock, basically a big island, the anenome wont move much? I dunno..it would be cool but im not sure if it works!

The anemone would stay there, but it would most likely be stressed. They move to be comfortable, if they can't move, they would be stressed.

It was apparently a bit agressive and he said it could eat snall fish.... :( not sure if that is possible cuz its mouth was tinyyyy, but still a risk.

He thinks the fish will be in the store for a while because it hides in the rocks and is hard to find, plus people dont really buy those fish apparently. Watever... Their loss!

Gboy66 said:
Ya! He said you like never see them....Jl do you see yours?

All the time! My rockwork is set up with a lot of caves- while they are not in front and center of the tank, I still see them out in the front popping their heads out, or swimming in the sides of the rank or bottom layer of caves. Also- I have had no chromis disappear on me yet!

Jl should we buy him?? Im a bit worried about our small clown. We could make the payment on him and pick him up in a few weeks i guess! 10 dollars...:)

Should i go and pay for it?? I dot want it to be bought... I never see large ones like this! :0

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Jl should we buy him?? Im a bit worried about our small clown. We could make the payment on him and pick him up in a few weeks i guess! 10 dollars...:)

Heck yeah get him. Mine are 7-8" and haven't touched a fish yet. I'm not worried about a 4" in the least

Well this one is about 8" sooo i think it should be ok!! Jl, if a customer called your store and asked to payfor a fish and for you to hold it for them, would that be unreasonable?

Haha great! And PLEASE butt in :) you guys are all smarter then i so i appreciate all the advice i can get!

Here is the real question, when my 66 finishes cycling should the goby be the first fish to go in?? Just so the lfs doesnt have to hold onto him for much longer?

I would put the goby in whenever you can, mine is really meek and timid so it's probably best for him to be one of the first fish so he can claim his territory. :)

I check this thread everyday by the way and i always find myself at least 2-3 pages behind! LOL

Thanks! He will be the first fish to go in the tank, and out sandbed is about 4" so he should like that! We have tons of extra rock so if it looks like he wants more we can always add some. Im really excited to get this fish, he is awesome. I just hope he is kind to his tank mates...

Sorry about updating so much, you guys give some really great fish suggestions so we are always considering new fish and ideas for this tank. I literally think about the stock all class... Haha :)

Make sure your rocks are super duper stable, put them down to the bottom of the tank if you can. My goby has dug out some rocks and they have all shifted about 6-10 inches!!! Luckily there was enough room for them to shift or it could have been a disaster.

I think about fish and coral all day long myself. lol I start the day thinking about them and end the day dreaming about them too. Obsession is rough sometimes.....hehe

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Well this one is about 8" sooo i think it should be ok!! Jl, if a customer called your store and asked to payfor a fish and for you to hold it for them, would that be unreasonable?

I'd do it in a heart beat. If a store won't do it- then they might be worried about their water quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom