Nu Nu and Gboy's 66 gallon Red Sea Max build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can add a fish today and then the goby tomorrow. It will be fine. The bacteria will catch up by tomorrow.

Alright guys well just to be safe i think we are going to just add the goby at first... Haha

Honestly I would add all at once. You had enough bacteria in the lr from the 30g to support the 3 fish in your 30, plus the new bacteria in your 66g. You will have die off if you don't have any fish or ammonia to supply the bacteria. I'd add 3 fish now and another in a week

Ibrahim said:
Honestly I would add all at once. You had enough bacteria in the lr from the 30g to support the 3 fish in your 30, plus the new bacteria in your 66g. You will have die off if you don't have any fish or ammonia to supply the bacteria. I'd add 3 fish now and another in a week

Hmmm, ok. So which ones from the 30? Clowns or chalk bass? We NEED to grt the goby in there forsure

Gboy66 said:
Hmmm, ok. So which ones from the 30? Clowns or chalk bass? We NEED to grt the goby in there forsure

All 3. You don't want bacteria to starve in the 66. The ammo from the goby won't be enough for the BB in the 66

Ibrahim said:
All 3. You don't want bacteria to starve in the 66. The ammo from the goby won't be enough for the BB in the 66

Cool! Im not sure if you read, but the goby has to go in this weekend...would the BB be able to keep 4 fish..1 that is particularily large?

Okay i see your guys's point, but im nervous about adding 150 dollars worth of fish by adding them too soon. In a perfect world i would like to add the goby today and throw in some extra food so that the BB doesnt starve..... Possible?

Thats quite a dark shade of orange!!:/:/
0,0, 20-40

Attachments

• image-135855404.jpg
    image-135855404.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 67
Kio707 said:
Do a pwc... It's ok... I'd add everyone too, just my opinion

Water is getting ready right now. Will a 5g pwc do it?

So, if we add all fish, when do we add the corals and shrimp? Should we leave the media in the 30 or transfer it?

Gboy66 said:
Water is getting ready right now. Will a 5g pwc do it?

So, if we add all fish, when do we add the corals and shrimp? Should we leave the media in the 30 or transfer it?

Your probably going to need more than a 5 g pwc to get trates down from 20-40

Gboy66 said:
Cool! Im not sure if you read, but the goby has to go in this weekend...would the BB be able to keep 4 fish..1 that is particularily large?

I think you could since you were building up BB in the 66g.

Alright i want to have a vote. Who votes that we go get the goby even with 20-40 trates, and who votes do a water change (small one) and get the goby tomorrow?

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Alright i want to have a vote. Who votes that we go get the goby even with 20-40 trates, and who votes do a water change (small one) and get the goby tomorrow?

Don't get a fish with 20-40 nitrates! Do a pwc and get him tomorrow.

Alright if we can do the pwc in an hour or so then get the goby would that be good? Problem is we need to mix over night or els the salinity will e screwed up. But its a larger tank so a few points off wont affect the overall salinity at all

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Alright if we can do the pwc in an hour or so then get the goby would that be good? Problem is we need to mix over night or els the salinity will e screwed up. But its a larger tank so a few points off wont affect the overall salinity at all

Well, I mean, I guess you could get him tonight, then the pwc tomorrow. I just wouldn't be okay with 20-40 nitrates. Because thats at the top of the acceptable range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom