Nu Nu and Gboy's 66 gallon Red Sea Max build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the fox face would be ok and getting stung isn't a big concern as its only the dorsal fin with venom. How often do you grab fish? I tend to use a net so I wouldn't be concerned. Angel fish aren't worth the risk IMO but its your tank, your call.

Thanks for the input! So the foxface is a yes, mainly because of the point you just made. Why would i touch a fish? I have never once touched my clown or chalk bass, mainly because they are scared of me lol. And if i did get stung i wont care very much, it is said to be like a bee sting.

The angel is up in the air. We are still thinking about it, but we really like them. Are smaller ones less prone to nip?

Hey guys i know that many people have been able to keep coral banded shrimp in a large tank with other shrimp. I am worried the coral banded would be agressive, would it work in our 66 gallon tank? :)

Coral banded shrimp? Ya they are very cool. Does anyone know if it would be ok in a 66 gallon tank (without agression) :)

Hi the foxface is a very nice fish but i did find mine was aggressive towards my emperor angel:eek: not sure why?? As for the shrimp do not know anything about the banded shrimp:oops:

Awesome! Was he ONLY agressive toward the angel? Maybe because the angel was bigger then he is, and was the boss? The foxface is an awesome fish :D

Thanks we will have to do more research on the coral banded shrimp compatability!

Awesome! Was he ONLY agressive toward the angel? Maybe because the angel was bigger then he is, and was the boss? The foxface is an awesome fish :D

Thanks we will have to do more research on the coral banded shrimp compatability!

If I can have one in a 4g I think you can get one in a 66g with no problems. :)

Ibrahim said:
If I can have one in a 4g I think you can get one in a 66g with no problems. :)

Ya man we want it to be with pappermint and cleaner shrimp, possibly a few fire shrimp :) haha i hope everything would be ok!

Wow ghost shrimp?? Maybe banded shrimp arent as big and bad as people say they are! :) we will try it! :D

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Wow ghost shrimp?? Maybe banded shrimp arent as big and bad as people say they are! :) we will try it! :D

I got mine small so if you get one add him last or get a small one

I think the advice above is good, I would do the same thing if you are going to try it.

Get all of your other shrimp first, then get a smaller CBS. I figure that that may help with aggression.

Nu Nu, I'm looking at the Red Sea Max 250, how did you get such a great deal at $1200. What a price on an awesome tank!

redsea said:
I think the advice above is good, I would do the same thing if you are going to try it.

Get all of your other shrimp first, then get a smaller CBS. I figure that that may help with aggression.

Thanks guys! I think we might do that. It will be awhile ago, I bet we don't finish stocking inverts for at least another year! Lol.

JKing said:
Nu Nu, I'm looking at the Red Sea Max 250, how did you get such a great deal at $1200. What a price on an awesome tank!

Hi! We went to an Expo down ere, and the company was showing them all off. We asked about them and the guy cut us a deal! We could have gotten a used black one for 750! But my parents wanted white, so we payed the 1200 for the new white one;) Really good deal, and totally worth it. I'm not sure if I'd buy one for the full 1750 or whatever it is, so the deals rock, obviously.

Anyways, guys I have a couple questions. The footprint is 38 long and 21 deep. If we wanted to have a 5" DSB for this tank, how much pool filter sand should we buy for it? Also, I heard PFS is hard to wash..is this really true? Can I wash it in tap water? A rodi wash would be though!

I didn't use pool filter sand, but I wanted to share that I just used tap water to wash the sand. ;) Some people, however, use RO/DI and reccomend that you do it that way.

It depends on the PFS brand. Mine was clean but others said theirs was dirty. Id say about 80lbs but you can use a sandbed calculator online.

Is there a specific type i should be looking for?

I have to do tap! Haha ro would be so tough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom