Nu Nu and Gboy's 66 gallon Red Sea Max build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, got home from vacation today. We were gone 5 days and i was really worried about the tank..well it is lookong awesome!:) pics

Sorry...i went a bit picture-happy lol

Nice! And for sand, I would have to recommend caribsea oolite sand. I have 150lbs in a 150 for a stingray which I'm getting soon, and it's so fine it's like mud. It's amazing looking also. I added four bags at the same time without wasing it at all(I turned the pumps off for a half hour) and now it's crystal clear. Really easy.

crister13 said:
Nice! And for sand, I would have to recommend caribsea oolite sand. I have 150lbs in a 150 for a stingray which I'm getting soon, and it's so fine it's like mud. It's amazing looking also. I added four bags at the same time without wasing it at all(I turned the pumps off for a half hour) and now it's crystal clear. Really easy.

Really? Did you have to clean it at all? Most importantly, how much per bag?:/ haha

Hopefuly going to home depot soon, what type of PFS should i get? Also, any specific trash cans or large buckets that would be best for mixing the water in?? Ill need to make around 35 gallons throughout the week!!

Answers, please come quickly!!:):)

Went ahead and bought 50 lbs of PFS for 10$. I know it wont be enough, but we will just go and see. Also bought a 32gallon trashcan for washing sand and mixing salt. Afterwards, it will live out its life as a recycling bin:)

How hard is it to wash this stuff?

Gboy66 said:
Went ahead and bought 50 lbs of PFS for 10$. I know it wont be enough, but we will just go and see. Also bought a 32gallon trashcan for washing sand and mixing salt. Afterwards, it will live out its life as a recycling bin:)

How hard is it to wash this stuff?

I didnt wash mine. Get a water bottle and cut the top off. Add sand half way then add water. See how cloudy it gets and if it's just a slight haze then a couple rinses will do. Mine was crystal clear so no need to rinse for meh :)

Hey guys, i need to get some rock for this tank too. I need it in less than a week, any place i can get it online that quickly?

If not, should i buy the 50lbs of macro from reefcleaners?

needmorecowbell said:
hey!! im subbed!

reefcleaners rock is great. i love the shape of it and its reaallly porous.

Awesome! Ill be buying it, but i need it really soon for the transfer..cant do it without it because were making a new scape..

Gboy66 said:
Awesome! Ill be buying it, but i need it really soon for the transfer..cant do it without it because were making a new scape..

Order from reefcleaners then. I dont it would be there on time.

Ibrahim said:
Order from reefcleaners then. I dont it would be there on time.

Ya same, last time it took 2 weeks so i doubt it will dont in time. Oh well..more waiting! Haha

Gboy66 said:
Ya same, last time it took 2 weeks so i doubt it will dont in time. Oh well..more waiting! Haha

If reefcleaners took 2 weeks then reefrocks will be faster. They took one week for me. Order today and it'll ship Monday. Then it'll arrive. By Friday and you've got the weekend to set up your tank :)

It has been about 3 weeks, we need some water in this tank. We are making like 30 gallons of ro as we speak and that is goong to be ALOT of salt. Not too happy about that, but its cheaper then getting it from the lfs i guess. We are going to go with 100 lb of pool filter sand, hopefully that is enough!

Ibrahim said:
If reefcleaners took 2 weeks then reefrocks will be faster. They took one week for me. Order today and it'll ship Monday. Then it'll arrive. By Friday and you've got the weekend to set up your tank :)

Awesome! Are the rocks good quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom