Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-26-2012, 10:58 AM   #641
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlsardina

Go for it as long as you feel your tank is ready. About how often- mine stick to their cave unless another fish tries to upset him (not often) maybe once every few month I see a little sand being kicked up
Oh great, so they dont really tend to burrow under every rock? Thats what i was afraid of.

I found out what i dislike about the rockscape. The arch on the right is to symmetrical to the one on the left! I want to chanhe it today. Maybe not make another arch, but a mountain with a ton of coral placements!

Old 05-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #642
Aquarium Advice Addict

One sps that will fill out your scape and make it look natural is montipora. It makes almost any scape look awesome just because it plates and grows out.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #643
Aquarium Advice Addict

Too bad sps sucks.......Lol

Haha we will try a monti thanks!
Old 05-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #644
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Glad your tank has come along so nicely! That engineer is cool looking btw, he's huge! LOL Mine was about 1 inch when I got him and now he's like over 8 inches long, give or take and inch or two. lol Mine however does go from rock section to rock section and makes burrows. He has about 6 rocks involved now in his HUGE mansion, he can pop his head out from at least a dozen spots to check me out or to grab some food. lol thats the only time he comes out all the way, is to grab some food. It's really cool how he shimmers when he juts out though, I love watching him. i also named mine, he is "teddy bear" cause he has the cutest little teddy bear face. lol

yep, I am weird. I know it but I love it.

Good luck guys!
Old 05-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #645
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell
One sps that will fill out your scape and make it look natural is montipora. It makes almost any scape look awesome just because it plates and grows out.
Dude ya!!! Top right corner!! I want a big plating one, that would look great. They grow slow though right?

Haha carey yours sounds like THE MAN!! Thats awesome, but i am sortof worried about all the burrows. Regardless, that is really cool. Our pistol does that and its amazing what networks they make
Old 05-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #646
Aquarium Advice Addict

Haha thats awesome! Teddy bear! we got a pretty good deal on this guy, an its pretty ironic that we were looking for a big one and the next day we find him! When we first saw him at the store he was superr shy and i couldnt even tell how long he was, but the next time (when i shared the pics) he was swimming like crazy and was never hiding! I really hope thats how he is in our tank, but burrows are cool too hopefully the pistol shrimp and the goby make burrows on opposite ends of the tank...i dont want a fight! Hhaa
Old 05-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #647
Aquarium Advice Addict

Too bad we wont be home for like 3 hours at the best. I doubt we will pick up snape today, most likely tomorrow on the way back from the beach or something. We could add one of our other fish if we wanted to tho.. Probably not smart because i bet the goby is the hardiest
Old 05-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #648
Aquarium Advice Addict

I actually think you should add the other fish before the goby.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #649
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ohh really??? Why??
Old 05-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #650
Aquarium Advice Addict

Aren't they all in the 30 without any rock?

Closed Thread

Tags
6 gallon, build, sea

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com