Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-10-2005, 04:10 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
nudibranch/sea slug

ok so i went to st louis this weekend and at beldts aquarium store i was surprised to find these little guys there and exspecialy the kinds of them they had. i have heard that the lettuce and bubble will eat alage and live ok in a tank with plenty of alage for them to eat. Know they had niether one of these, they had the brite purple and orange, black and white ones there. i could of got one of these four bout 15 bucks which isnt bad. however i heard mixed opinions about these creatures. i hear that alot dont survive in the aquarium due to certain diets and some just not knowing what they eat in the first place. now i did not buy one because i heard the ones they had would not survive in the home aquarium and thats why i was surprised to find them at the store. So i am i wrong and these can survive, because if they can i would like to add at least two to my tank. i definitely look to add a bubble from liveaquaria since i have found that almost everyone says they will live on alage and i have plenty of that. so if anyone knows about these little guys please let me in on some info if they can be kept or should be left alone in the ocean

flame82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 05:18 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
No, you are right. The do have specialized diets and are very difficult to keep in the home aquarium without knowing what they need. They are also not very long lived creatures and are prone to being sucked into intakes and PH. I don't know why they sell them. They are beautiful. I suppose that's the reason.

Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 06:27 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist
Send a message via AIM to IworkatPSP
Also, when some of them die, they release ink, which is toxic to a good amount of fish..........not 100% sure, but that's what I've heard.
IworkatPSP is offline   Reply With Quote

branch, nudibranch, sea, slug

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com