Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef Flake Food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pspiegel

Aquarium Advice Regular
Has anyone ever used the Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef Flake Food? It comes in a purple containe, says it is for marine tropical and freshwater fish.

I bought some today when I bought my two damsels on my newly set up tank. I have them all acclimated and they are swimming around quite nicely so I figured I would throw in some food to see what happens, I put a small amount in and they poked at it but didnt seem to make much of a dent in eating it.

Is this bad food or are the fish just not hungry/still getting use to their new environment?

Thanks!

They`re getting use to the envionment. I feed mine prime reef twice a week. I also feed mysis and mega marine 2 times a week. The key is variety.

thanks, just wanted to make sure! the lfs wasn't too knowledgable about it..

I like the ocean nutrition products. It also could be that the LFS was feeding brine (the equivalent of fishy potato chips) and they may be snubbing the flake for now.

Let them get used to it :p.

Not only do I personally recommend just about all Ocean Nutrition foods, but prime reef flakes are the greatest IMHO. When I switched to them, my fish were so much more livelier and colorful.

Back
Top Bottom