Oceanic Show Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattmku

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm planning to start a 50+ reef system. I'm looking at a 50 gallon oceanic right now but I'm concerned with the center brace. Is it plastic or glass? I'd like to use metal halide but a center brace would make that practically impossible.

i think its a plastic brace...you would have to get 2 mh bulbs so there would be even light coverage.

I don't know that two MH on a 50 gal in completely necessary. I'm thinking it might be more practical to go with a tank that doesn't have the brace...then I don't have to worry about it at all.

I know oceanic places a saphire glass brace on some tanks I just thought the 50 gallon might be one of them.

maybe you should keep with your 20g since you always are able to crash them. If it goes a year without crashing i would then give you the go ahead.

I'm looking at the aqulight pro 2X65W Compact Fluorescent Actinics, 1X150W HQI Metal Halide. 280 W should be plenty for a 50 gallon tank.

seacat...1 year and only one death...that fish sucked anyway...got some new shrooms they look pretty good.

nope...we picked them up on the way home for spring break.

My parent bought a new house in lawrence, and theres a perfect place for a tank in my bedroom. A cabinet underneath for a sump and all! THATS why i'm looking for a new tank.

Back
Top Bottom