Odyssea Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReNNie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has anybody heard anything good/bad about the 48" jebo/odyssea 260w power compacts that are on ebay? I have a 55gal fowlr and I am going to start getting some basic (low light) corals. Would these be good enough? Thanks alot Matt

A subject that I struggled with for months. I know several people that have them and they seem fine and the price is as attractive as anything out there. I even talked to a dealer at a LFS and he admitted they are so so. Some of his customers had good luck and others had problems with their ballasts. They have redesigned and improved their lights for 2006. If you buy a fixture make sure you get the new design.

Will Do tjara03. Also another question that would help me out. I am looking for a cheap skimmer . I am considering a redsea prizm or a seaclone. What would be a better or more recomended

I followed Brendens advice (phone conversation and a dozen pm's) and avoided the Odysea lights. I have on on order some excellent T5's and 2 MH's (retro, for a wooden hood). It wasn't cheap but I'm satisfied I got good quality stuff. They should arrive April 18th, I'll let everybody know how it turns out.

i have the 30" 130 watt one, and the only thing that scares me every now and then is sometimes the fan sounds funny, and sometimes one of the bulbs dont turn on, but when i turn it off and back on again it goes back to normal

I have an Odyssea light on my tank (75gal bowfront deep) and have had it running for over 4 months with no problems. I have corals and anemones all doing great with the light. I guess there are lemons in every bunch. I have to admit when I have the money saved I will be going with MHs and VHOs. What I have now has worked well wit no problems. Just thought I would interject another point of view.

Back
Top Bottom