Odyssea t5 24w x 2 help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Willyesco

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 20 gal live sand and rocks with a 10 gal sump. I have been in a battle with red algae. So i cheked all parameters all is good nitrate at 5 phosphate at 0 many water changer and still this problem. I bought this light because a friend said its good if i had known i would have dished out more money for a better light......i dont need people telling me they have better light or what have you i just need to know what to do.. I have been told that the stock lights are poor odyssea t5 tube 10000k daylight . Should replace the daylight for a uv light actinic white 50/50 combo if tribands and actinic phosphors, and also replace the actinic for a super actinic 420nm? Should i remove the splash gurad to allow more light to pass?
Or what combo lighting should i use?

I kept the stock odyssea lights in my 30" fixture and was able to grow corals quite well with it. I have 2 10k bulbs and 2 blue.

On my 48" old old odyssea fixture I changed out the bulbs for ATI's.

What are you trying to grow in there?
Also, I never really had any algae issues using that light bulbs combination.

carey, be aware that there have been more then a few fires caused by the 48" old old odyssea fixture. I believe that they have corrected that problem.

really? I LOVE it. It has individual reflectors and a kick butt timer unit on it, has 2 sets of double fans. The legs rock, They hold it way above the water.

Do you have a link to see if its the ones I have? This unit looks to be several years old.

Well thanks for the reply, well i have the new odyssea that came out and they are single not double one 10k and one actinic blue that came with the fixture. I have some green polyps i got from the beach, yellow polyps these are stunted in growth, i have a green stripe shroom and mint green stripe shroom i cut up and made 4 more, same with red mushroom, star polyps, these crazy polyps that look awesome some ricordea that i cut up into two and left a foot the foot is growing individual polyps and the other growing. All of these are moderate lighting wich i think i have and are doing fine, i had xenia but dissapeared but i am going to dose iodine as soon as i get my hands on a kit...check my pictures i have my set up there i will add fotos of what it looks like now later on at night....

I completely opened up the fixture to clean out, and took out the reflector, i notice black spots on the reflector that were see through, i looked through it and yes it was, what i did was add aluminum the dull side to the back of the fixture to relfect all that lost light. And it seems brighter to me.. I tried posting an attacement but it would npt let me..

Back
Top Bottom