ok- Final plans here- please check

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

R4MZY

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Okay, after much revision here are my final plans for my new SW aquarium. Please evaluate for me, Dont want to fail!

Ten Gal Nano Tank Plans

Okay, I will relocate the goldfish I currently have in the tank and totally scrub down everything, (without soap). and leave the decor out, and throw the gravel away. Then I will trip to the LFS and buy a few pounds of LS and 10-15 lbs of LR. Then, I will Place this in the aquarium. Next I will mix the synthetic sea salt and put it in the tank, and power everything up. Then, I will go to the grocery store and get raw shrimp and put it in the tank (to produce ammonia) and let it cycle for a week or so, until everything is balanced. Then, when the water is finally ready, I will go to Petco (I know.. I know.. Fishy hell) and rescue a pair of baby clownfish from the tanks of doom. I'll take em home and place them in a 2 gal tank (too small for acclimation!?) then siphon the water and adjust to a few drops per second, Ill sit there for 30 min making sure everything is ok, then I'll net the fish and put them in the new tank. Sound alright? I know I know, no quarantine, I dont have the materials or money for it.. oh well. Tell me what ya think

Assuming you dont upgrade your lights then yes i thinik you can get very close to your $100 intial budget. Its gonna be tight cause your rock itself is gonna be close to $30-50 probably. Perc clowns up here are like $15.99/each for tank rased.

Dont forget about the ongoing expense of water changes (need more salt), etc.

Back
Top Bottom