ok help this is what they sent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alrmc4

Aquarium Advice Addict
ordered 2 true percula clowns this is what came in 1 was not what i was expecting is this a dif marking for a true percula?

p.s really need to know so i can call if this fish is wrong

uh...are you sure it's a fish??

From what I can see in the pic (assume it is in the bag) it is a misbarred Ocellaris, but would like to see it without the distortion.

Well it looks fine to me. you have the true perc and the false perc. the only differences really is the thickness of the black band between the orange and white.

The fish in the front looks to have a decently thick black band vs a thin black band.

shoot thats what i thought
will try to get a better pic i stink at photos almost as much as computers

Try to focus on clarity vs being closeup. A clear distant photo can be much better than a closeup blurry photo.

Know the minimum focus lenght of your camera and try to make sure you observe this when trying to photograph.

Looks like a misbarred perc, nothing wrong with him, just might not be aesthetically appealing to ya

anotercrappic of other on

is he what he is supposed to be you think?

Tim, you really can't see the pics?

Lor that one also looks like an Ocellaris to me. Although it is very difficult to tell from that pic. It is also misbarred. Where did you purchase these clowns?

If you look at the tail stripe of the second clown you'll see that it doesn't meet at the bottom, dpending on the size of the clown, this may close or may not, this one is minor and I wouldn't have a problem keeping it, as I noted in the other post, misbarring is common in TR clowns and is not a sign there is anything wrong with the clown, some people like it, cause it makes them feel their clown is not the average run of the mill clown, I prefer mine to have all their stripes intact as a general rule.

trying a distant photo

thank you for the tip see if it is better

I just changed my mind, I think they are both TR Amphiprion perculas that are misbarred. Now the only question is if you have a problem with the misbarring or not, as noted earlier it is preference. I do not believe this will effect the color or barring of the fry. Are you really going to try and raise the fry or did you just tell them that trying to get the prettiest pair?

i have been reading up i really am planning on giving it a go :)

Back
Top Bottom