ok how does this sound to you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alrmc4

Aquarium Advice Addict
called the place with clown fish from other post...told them that 1 clown was miss barred and may or may not be true percula but false...they first told me that they develop the stripes as they get older i asked him you mean to say that the white will become a whole line of white and not circles he said probably not.i explained what exactly i had asked for told the person wanted the prettiest pair for future breeding...so put manager on line who told me that pairs like this with the miss bared were highly sought after and actually more expensive so opinions please is this the line of bull i think it is or are the miss barred true percula clowns more highly valued??????????????

I think that the manager is trying to make you keep it, to make you think the breeding would be better. Frankly I think it is a bunch of BS. I am LMAO at the moment, but it may be true, i just dont like them

FYI

Could it be too young? See below. I got this in search if what misbarred means..

There are no pictures in your other post, so I couldn't make out what you were talking about...

A. ocellaris and A. Percula juvenile development
Multiple observations at C-Quest demonstrate that A. percula
are quite slow to develop the second and third white bands. A.
ocellaris develop all 3 white bands in about one month; however,
A. percula do not develop the second and third color band until
they are 6 months to a year old. For those who have access to
Gerald Allen’s and Daphne Fautin’s Field Guide to
Anemonefishes and Their Host Sea Anemones the photo shown
at the beginning of chapter 2 may not be misbarred wild A. percula
but simply young A. percula.

This was found at http://masna.org/ms/97WINTER.pdf

Misbarred clowns are very rare in WC clowns, but in TR clowns it is quite common and IMO it is not a sought after quality. I prefer my clowns to have all their stripes. It is personal opinion/preference, I have seen some misbarred clowns that I thought were pretty cool, but if you don't like them, you should make them do something about it. I do not believe that your clown's stripe will close, or get much better than what it is. I am also fairly certainit is an ocellaris rather than a perc, IMO, if you ordered pers, that is what they should have sent you.

Cool... that actually answers something I was about to ask about. I have 2 false perc's and one of them has an incomplete band around her head. I like it, as it doesn't just end. Between the two ends of the incomplete band is a dot. I had just been assuming that the little gal had been hurt at some point, but I guess it's most likely a natural occurance. Don't know why I hadn't considered it a likely posibility before, as my eyes are weird. I have one blue eye, and one eye that is half blue and half brown. We'll be freaks of nature together. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom