ok i made up my mind i want to buy biocube 29 gal. now i need details please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

browning1359

Aquarium Advice Regular
I need all info on this please so whem i buy it I get to know what I'm doing what can go in it please any and all info on this tank is it good can I put reef and coals along with fish stock or no please any info will help me out great right now

Yes you can make it a reef, soft corals and polyps along with some LPS are what you'd be looking at in terms of it's lighting.

Smaller fish you can keep Like the ones listed here are good ones to keep

I'm not sure what else you want to know, I own one and It's definitely a good place for starters, but I already want another setup because I got the bug :)

I have a 29G Biocube. If I could do it again, I would have gone a different direction. I figured being my first tank I'd be better off with an all-in-one tank like the biocube. I do like that tank, but for the money I spent on that I think I'd be better off with something like my 38G tank, that I can fit a 10G sump in the stand.
If you choose the 29G Biocube, I'd recommend using the first chamber to put your heater in, I just did that with mine the other week, frees up space in the display and not have to worry about moving rock to check on it this way.

What do you mean first spot and I'm looking for something where I can just basically put water in and cycle it for a month or so and get goingfreshwater tank is looking sad and the saltwater is where the excitement is at lol

I know what you mean with freshwater, been at that for years, have some 8year old fish in my 35G Hex still. Nothing as exciting as my SW tanks.
You can do that with a lot of tanks. My 2nd tank was a 38G that i had sitting in the garage. I decided one day to SW that one up, got LR, sand, added saltwater, let it cycle and WALA! When I had the money I bought a Nova Extreme so I could make it a reef, and then added the 10G sump and overflow at a later point....

Empty the tank, remove everything. Add sand, LR, and powerheads.

BUT WHAT ABOUT (sorry about the caps) cutting a hole in it for the simmer I think it is, or Idk o want to start a salt.water tank even if its just liverock for now I want something better then freshwater

I don't have a skimmer with my 29G.
Partial Water Changes for a tank that size work just fine IMO.
I use a hang on overflow for my sump for my 38G. the skimmer could go down there and out of the way, along with the heater.

Now tell me the.cheapest route togowith I have a 29gallon tank kit from petco what should I get buy for it to be a saltwater tank that I van have le light coals and some fish please and thanks again for helping me out

Decent filtration and lighting are where you're going to run into expenses. And LR isn't cheap either. Lighting that will support corals and LR will probably be the majority of your costs.

Back
Top Bottom