ok my fish and crab plan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jester

Aquarium Advice Freak
Flame angel tank raised $89.00
yellow tang $14.99
redhead goby tank raised $17.99
sailfin blenny $13.99 or and Horned blenny $26.00
Blodd red shrimp $24.00
Banded coral shrimp$6.99
Electric Flame scallop $17.99
electric blue hermit crab $8.99
Arrow crab $11.99
and some snails and more hermits if needed
let me know what you guys think I have the 60g with 3 in dsb no live rock I was wondering if you guys think i should add live sand before i get anything the guys who installed it put in some live sand to get it cycled faster but it was not much well let me know please I am not doing anything unless you guys say it is good Thanks again Jester

I'm not super familiar with fish-only tanks, but I'll offer my opinion.

First of all, if you intend on having a DSB, then yes, by all means, put it in before you add livestock. Adding sand can cloud the water considerably, and adding live sand can often trigger a small cycle.

I question the compatibility of the Coral Banded Shrimp & the Blood shrimp together. The Coral Bandeds can become pretty nasty, IME, and are not always compatible with other decorative shrimp.

Electric Flame Scallop, IMO, is a poor choice in any tank. These have a very poor survival record - almost always starving/dieing within a year.

Electric Blue hermit - no personal experience, but I've heard tales of these hermits being particularly aggressive. Mostly toward other hermits and some snails.

Arrow crab - In my personal experience, these will attack and kill any and all hermits in your tank. They are very aggressive (and creepy!) by nature. ;-)

HTH!

wow that is a great article thanks for your advice I was wondering if it would be better for me to add live sand I have about 3in of play sand in the tank now and a little live sand they put in for cycling i will not get the flame scallopand figure out what crabs i a going to get i gotta regroup thanks again

Back
Top Bottom