ok, starting over?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drewposi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
so for a little less than a year ive had a very aggressive tank. a huma, grouper, and everything else basically got eaten, but ive got rid of both of them and want to actually have some nice pretty fish. i went out and got a little yellow tang along with a coral beauty that lived together at my LFS, I need some suggestions for another fish or two that wont get to aggressive and are pretty, also reef safe?

What size tank? The 37g in your sig? You could probably squeeze in a chromi or two...

GL with that angel though...it will nip at corals.

I don't think the tang would like it after a while, in that sized tank. They like a lot of swimming room. I agree, the coral beauty might not be reef safe. Did you have all those fish in the 37G tank...meaning the grouper and trigger?

no just the little grouper and a little trigger who outgrew it and i gave to a friend with a 300 gallon wall tank. after they were gone i added the tang, who is small and i figured once he got big enough i would trade my friend again. but for the mean time hes fine.

Just because tangs are small doesnt mean they dont need at least 4ft of swimming room ;)

The tang is just not going to be happy in that tank. They like lots of open swim room like Marc said. The Coral Beauty isn't really reef safe either. They can and will nip at corals. I have one in my tank and have so far been very lucky, but that's not to say that one day he will just get silly and start nipping. There are a lot of options for a 36g tank. http://www.fantasyreef.com/database/index.php?p=getdb&db_id=7 Have a look here, they have it broken down by tank size. HTH

Back
Top Bottom