Originally Posted by moog24
Did you leave it in there the whole time or did you pull it after a few days
I pulled it after 3-4 days, when you can really tell its decomposing and the waterflow starts blowing strings off of it... Easiest way to know when is to test every day and watch for the ammonia spike, after the ammonia gets converted to nitrite and you don't see any more spikes you should be fine to remove it.
"And just FYI I also go a very strange and what the heck do you want just one for! Haha priceless"
Funniest looks I've ever gotten at a grocery store lol