okay levels are improving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jsmith

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have 56 gallon collum aquarium. My levels today were 0 ammonia. .025 nitrites and. 25 nitrates. Im starting to get brown spots on both live rock and sand. I currently have 3 hermits, 1 turbo snail, 3 shrimp and one emerald crab. How much of what should i have....

Sent from my DROID2 using Aquarium

you're still in your cycling stage you should have waited a few more days before you put a CUC in

Problem is i went to a lfs that isn't as knowledgable as this forum. I started my cycle using mollys which had i known i could use raw shrimp to cycle i would have done so. Because of this forum I've not taken my lfs word as gold its a mistake i made but wont again.

Okay so when ithe nitites come down and i do my pwc how many if what should i get?

well the brown stuff on your rocks and sand will go away once the life on your sand and rocks becomes established.

i'd get a few more snails (arestrea, turbo and nassarius) those are going to be your main algae grazers and crap eaters, the hermits and shrimp will keep any decaying meats clear. hermits can also manage hair algaes and cynobactera on your sand and rocks, while shrimps can help with parasite control.

Back
Top Bottom