Old tank to new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trusty_one

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 33 gallon tank that has been running for about a year now. I have a explosion of lympids and bristle worms. I would like to use the live rock in my new 120 I have just recently built. Not even cycling yet. I have some LR in the old tank with nothing on it, but I have some with coral attached. Is there a way to remove these pests before I use the rock and what not. Is there a way to remove the pest without killing the coral. I have read that high specific gravity salt will make these creatures leave and that fresh water will make them leave. Is one better than the other and will either not damage coral. I don't have anything fancy for coral but I would still rather not kill it. Sorry if this has been discussed before or if I should put this in another category but I didn't now what to search the forum for, for this specific conundrum.

A neat little trick i heard for the BW's is to place a piece of raw shrimp in the tank overnight only for about 2 hours to prevent crazy ammonia spike. Make sure the lights are off. After about 1-2 hours have a net ready and when the lights go back on you should have some feasting on the shrimp and you can net them. Never tried this so if anyone else has a problem with that please comment on it!

What corals? You could always coral dip them if they aren't on a huge rock. Your only best way to kill off anything living in the rock is to let it sit in the sun for a few days or

Nothing too fancy I was waiting for my new tank just a nice frog spawn and some brown polyps couple of mushroom and a tree coral is what my Lfs called it I think its a Kenya tree coral but just a run of the mill purpleish brown one. I did a rookie thing when I started an fed too much an then I got a ton of hitchhikers eating leftovers and they won't go away.

That's kinda what I was thinking I was just going to use RO water would this make any difference

Sorry if I was getting technical but RO water isn't as pure as distilled so wasn't sure if it made a difference.

Back
Top Bottom