Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice FINatic

So did you get your tank? I went to see the 120 that I was taking about and I like it. It still needs some cleaning, I also think that I would be sanding down the stand and staining it a different color. It looms better in person that on the photo

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130317_153559.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	160339

Old 03-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Looks good! And i havent gotten my tank yet no still waiting on trying to sell mine!

Old 03-18-2013, 02:17 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Found a 65 gallon drilled for 65 bucks. I think its to small. Even with the added volume of a 35 gallon sump i think im gonna bite the bullet, drain and re seal my tank. My tank is perfect for a reef with soleley tangs. My tank is 6 ft long 2 ft tall. I want a yellow tang, kole tang, and possibly a hippo or powder blue. I know its not a 125 gallons. But the dimensions will still support the tangs necessary ample swimming space. I just wish there was an easy way to determine tempered or not without any stickers. Or markings on the tank. Its 90 gallons.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm going to go with this 120 gallon tank. I am trying to set up a time to pick it up and bring it home. I will be in on the BRS group buy this Tuesday and hope I know what I'm getting is what I will need.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Awesome ! Im on the list but probably not gonna buy anything. No money to blow, i had to wait over a month a half for my first pay off the new job so im barely survivng at the moment my fish eat breakfast before i do !
Old 03-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Freak

Awhile back a lfs told me if you look at a tank with polarized sun glasses and see like a rainbow looking pâté ten in the glass then it is tempered
Old 03-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Freak

Pattern*
Old 03-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah i heard that too, i did some research and found out that if you have any white coloured lcd screen(laptop,smartphone) put it inside the tank, look thru the glass at the screen with polarized sunglasses and turn the lenses around, the non tempered glass turns all black. Tempered glass goes black but has bad distortion and warping. Im gonna drain some water for a waterchange and use and old smartphone for this test as water and electricty dont mix!!
Old 03-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I may be jumping the gun just a little here. I just ordered 50lbs of dry rock and 200lbs of dry sand. It will be a few weeks before I will be ready to move anything over but my thought is to get more ro k as soon as possible so I can get it in my tank to give it a better chance to become live before the move. Is this a bad idea?
Old 03-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Im not sure if putting it in your tank will be the best idea... Since its all dry, take a few pieces out, and cycle it a bit in a rubbermaid container or spare tank or something. Wouldnt want anything in the dry rock going into your aquarium? After a week or two then toss it in the tank after a few large water changes im not 100%onthis so im going on what i think i read somewhere, if its a little bit at a time of dry rock going in probably wont be too bad, but all at once may have an adverse affect

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com