On an up grade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The couch is much darker than I would go. But the back of the tank is painted black. Only half of the window would be exposed to the tank with the binds closed and I will be able to darken it out.

Would the sun end up shining in it at any point in the day? Maybe you could paint the side of the tank black to block the sun then you wouldnt have to worry about it at all.

I like the stand! Id go with a rustic brown colour maybe a dark maple stain myself. I just built an air driven skimmer for my 39 gallon, see if it does any good its breaking in right now !

I just got a 120 as well but have to say ur stand is much nicer black walnut stain would look good if u want darker

Thanks, when up close to it you can tell that it has been wet before and inside the wood has lots of salt creep. I just got a small sander to get to working on it. My wife said that I can't work on it today :(

Lol my wife dosnt want me to have my 120 atall but to have the fish I want I need a 24 inch tank and trust me unless its got a quarter inch or more creep its got nothing on mine

She doesn't want me to spend the money. But I know she likes my 55 as much as I do, she likes to show it to her friends and talk about the coral.

Not yet my kids are young so I don't have that kind of time so when there ten or so I will be but my tank will be set up power heads and its drilled with over flow now now I just have a ton of SW chems to sell and trade

I took off one of the doors to the canopy to sand it down to get myself an understanding of the work that I have got to do. What I learned is that I will need to spend an entire day sanding away with this palm sander I have or I will need to break down and buy a belt sander and cut this time down to like an hour.

I've been working the last few days and have only managed to sand down two of the four doors. Tomorrow I will get all of it sanded down and ready to stain even it takes all day.

All doors canopy and the front of the stand are sanded. Found that I will need to replace the bottom of the stand. It was very fragile and warped. I didn't want to chance it so it has been pulled off. I will get new wood tomorrow and finish the sanding. I think I will paint the inside of the stand and the canopy white.

Sanded and stained all but the doors. I decided that I wanted to sand them more.

Before

ForumRunner_20130324_180839.jpg

After it was sanded

ForumRunner_20130324_180913.jpg

After it got stained

ForumRunner_20130324_181109.jpg
I will add the varnish tomorrow so I will get a shine on it.
I didn't do the inside, I'm going to paint it white in there.

Ordered a mag drive 12, two of the magnum 7 power heads and 2 of the 120w Chinese LED with moonlights and timers. Now just the new skimmer is all I need short of the plumbing.

Back
Top Bottom