Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-22-2005, 08:06 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
? on Remora Pro - cross post

I asked this in the "getting started" forum but then realized this forum gets more traffic...

I have a question on the Remora and the Mag3 pump. Does the pump really just hang there on that short piece of tubing? Mine hangs kind of cockeyed leaning against the glass. Can I put a longer piece of tubing on and set the pump on the sand so I can conceal it behind my rock? Seams like for the money it should fit a little nicer. Granted I don't have any water in the tank yet but it just looks kinda goofy.

havefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 08:33 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to loganj
You might actually shorten the tubing to reduce the bend in it. The Mag 3 is kinda heavy and I'm sure that's why it's hanging crooked. You could move the pump down some, but I don't thing I'd want it sitting on the sand. Too much chance of sucking up things you don't want it to. You could get a surface skimmer which will hide the pump...more money though.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Logan J
loganj is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com