On the right track?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryan0292002ca

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got a 55 gallon for really cheap. A want to make it into a reef tank, and I would like to be able to chose from a variety of colorful corals. For lighting I am thinking about getting 4 X 65W PC's with 3 moonlights, two maxijet 1200 powerheads, and probably a seaslone skimmer, I have the seaclone 100 on my 30 gallon which works great, but was thinking of maybe going with the 150 for this one. I was going to get a remora, but its not within my budget right now, maybe later down the road. Back to my main inquiry, is this amount of lighting sufficient for most corals. If I have to later down the road, I wouldn't mind if I had to add a few more lights, maybe T-5's, thanks

4x65w worked great for my 75g for 3 years. If I had my dithers I would have used a 4x96 but that's on a 75g. I think 4x65 would be a perfect fit for a 55.

It's fine for softies but if you want really colourful corals then SPS is the way to go, for which you'll need much stronger lighting.

Back
Top Bottom