One More Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

talenzmeier

Aquarium Advice Activist
Greetings and Salutations!

I am wondering if I can add a Flame Angel to my tank. I have a 75 gallon fish-only tank. I currently have 4 Blue-Green Chromis, 1 White Spotted Puffer, 1 Yellow Tang, 1 Coral Beauty Angelfish, 1 Gramma Basslet, 1 Purple Firefish, and 2 Percula Clowns (mated pair). I'd really like to add the Flame Angel, but I don't want to ruin/threaten any of the other fish. Advice? Suggestions?

I would say NO for 2 reasons.

1. Too many fish for 75 gallon tank. Puffers get big.

2. It is likely that the Flame and the Coral beauty Angelfish will fight.

Hope this helps

The coral beauty is my biggest concern. These are in my experience among the more aggresive of the dwarfs and unpredicatable from individual to individual. He might flat out ignore the flame, or be a real jerk and not leave it alone. I have a coral beauty and a cherub in the same tank and they ignore each other save for dinner time.

Had the flame been introduced first this woulnd't be so risky.

Tank is pushing it's fish limit, although the easiest way to test is to measure nitrates and double check ammonia levels. If ammo is flat is nitrates 10 or below, tank is doing fine.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!! you've got too many fish and angels are fairly agressive. If you upgrade to a 100 Gal...maybe but otherwise NO! :rocket:

Back
Top Bottom