Online guides for first SW?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paradisio

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've been trying to find online resources for first SW tanks, I want to start a reef tank in the future. But I am having a hard time finding sites talking about skimmers, frags, overflow tanks and sumps.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

When I first started out, I read through the About.com saltwater aquarium pages. Lots of good info there...also lots of junk links. Not all of them though.

http://saltaquarium.about.com/od/startinganaquarium/

An even better resourse however, is in book form. The Concientious Marine Aquarist by Bob Fenner or The New Marine Aquarium by Michael Palleta are great resources. Fenner's book is hailed as the best available right now.

You can also read through links in this forum and find lots of first hand experience from people already in the hobby. Whatever you don't understand, make sure you ask. ;)

Yea, I saw those on about.com. But I had a strange feeling they weren't accurate like most things that randomly pop up as the first search engine choice.

I've decided I'd rather have a freshwater tank for now, the expenses to get a SW tank going and the size I'd probably want it at aren't feasible for me right now. Not to mention FW seems more newbie friendly. Thanks anyways.

Back
Top Bottom