Opinions on a shallow reef tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Breakthecycle2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am looking at all my options and came across and 80 gallon Deep Blue rimless 48x24x16 tank. Anyone have one of these? I know it's a "frag" tank per say, but I like the foot print. My concern is the overall height with the stand. I'm thinking about the Deep Blue Professional series 2. Any suggestions? Anyone happen to know the height on those stands? I can't seem to find that anywhere.

Hey, I'm going to be purchasing a deep blue 45 gallon "frag tank". 36x24x12. I built my own stand, I don't know the dimensions of their stands tho. The one I built is 40 inches tall. I do know that their stands are expensive. If you're good with wood and DIY projects, this is a perfect way to save money that can go into something else for the tank! I saved about $200. Also, my stand is made from oak, not that cheap stuff some stands are made of.

I'm a big fan of shallow tanks! Lots of floor space and cheaper lighting options! If you decide to go with one, start a build thread, I'd love to follow along!

I am looking at all my options and came across and 80 gallon Deep Blue rimless 48x24x16 tank. Anyone have one of these? I know it's a "frag" tank per say, but I like the foot print. My concern is the overall height with the stand. I'm thinking about the Deep Blue Professional series 2. Any suggestions? Anyone happen to know the height on those stands? I can't seem to find that anywhere.

I go swimming in my tank every day, towel hook on the side LoL, its 28" deep, i wish it were 16"-20" so my arm can get in there with out problems. Go shallow :)

Are most fish Ok in a shallow tank? I will keep at least 8 wrasses in it and one tang for sure. My wrasses all prefer to swim above my live rock until they go to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom