Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-15-2014, 10:36 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Opinions on best salt mix to use!!!!

Have used Red Sea pro and instant ocean, looking to start adding corals, what's everyone opinion on the salts out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ReefChum518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 10:50 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
When I had my 280 I used Red Sea and Reef Crystals loved both but Reef Crystals I saw more growth on my LPS and SPS .

JessiNoel21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 12:10 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award
I've used Red Sea coral pro, IO and reef crystals. Both work fine. Have not noticed much difference in growth with either Reef crystals or RSCP.

20 Gallon SPS reef
29 Gallon FW "fat catfish" tank
20 Gallon Long Dart Frogs "Zig" and "Zag"
bribo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:04 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Instant ocean and reef crystals here myself and am happy using either. Reef salts can help to a point, but eventually you will have to start supplementing alkalinity and calcium regardless of the salt mix you use.
Mebbid's Fishtopia: Various builds
"The simplest explanation for some phenomenon is more likely to be accurate than more complicated explanations." -Occam's razor
Mebbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:31 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist
I've been using Reef Crystals for awhile now and really like it. I don't have to dose nearly as much. I was adding a bunch of Calcium before and now, water changes take care of it.
smoothie7 is offline   Reply With Quote

salt, salt mix

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com