Opinions on my fish list for the future of my aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfer1712

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I own a 75 gallon long fish only aquarium. The cycling process is going well and I have been researching the fish I want in the future. I think I narrowed it down but there are a few I still have questions about. So it would be helpful if you could see what you think.
In the order I want to get them:

1. Clownfish (Amphirion Ocellaris)
2. Bi-color Blenny (Ecsenius Bicolor)
3. Regal Tang (Paracanthurus Hepatus)
4. Lemon Goby (Gobiodon Citrinus)

Could I have more fish than these? Would these fish all be compatible? Please tell me what you think. :D

I think the list looks fine, however I would probably add the yellow goby

cz-citrin-goby-opt-small.jpg

first or at the same time as the clown. You should make sure that you set up a proper Quarantine tank.

Would it be fine if I add two fish at one time ,since there has never been fish in the aquarium before? Also which would be a better first fish a False Percula clown or a strawberry dottyback? :fadein:

That information about the lemon goby and clown probably saved me. They will be fine together if I add them both at the same time,right 8O

Would it be fine if I add two fish at one time ,since there has never been fish in the aquarium before?

After proper quarantine, yes it would, provided the fish are small and peaceful.

Also which would be a better first fish a False Percula clown or a strawberry dottyback?

By far the False perc is a better first fish and I would go as far as to say, any dottyback should be added last.

They will be fine together if I add them both at the same time,right

Yep, shouldn't be a problem ;)

two fish at a time is okay.. you have to let your tank adjust to the bioload after that.. or else you might have an ammonia boost..

Thanks everyone, now I have confidence that the fish on my list will work out fine. Now all I have to do is wait for the boring cycling period to finish :!: :mrgreen:

Now all I have to do is wait for the boring cycling period to finish

Hmmm, you could be quarantining the first fish while the tank is cycling....depending on where you are in the cycle ;)

Back
Top Bottom